Sorry for the HUGE time off since my last post. I’ve just been super busy with about a million other projects, including even having to go through and clean and organize my shop work space.
Also, I scrapped the whole sheet metal hull idea. I started to do it, but the metal was just SO thin my welder wasn’t working great, and it was just really hard to work with. I decided using pretty thin plywood would be much easier to work with, easier to attach stuff to, and easier to modify later if I need to. It may add a little weight, but I think the trade-off is well worth it. I mean, it is a tank after all, not an ultralight plane.
I started by cutting the bottom pieces, using 3/8″ plywood:
Then I cut the sides:
So I guess my next steps are to just cut a couple more pieces for the front and back, and start joining them all together to make a solid hull that will be bolted to the frame. And of course, once that is complete, I will finally be able to finish the bogies, and begin attaching them to make a rolling chassis.