One Track Done

I finally finished one of the tracks.  I still need to do the 2 special treads that go on the ends, and are connected by a hinge with a pin… but that won’t be a big deal. 

 

When it was done, I also did a little testing of how well it works with the sprockets, and it was hanging up a little when going-on or coming-off, so I had to slightly modify the sprocket shape.   Here is the progression of the sprocket design, with the one on the very right being the final version, which I will use as the pattern to router down the black sprocket.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s