Diggin in to work on the cleats

First, I made a bunch of 1-3/4″ x 6″  pieces of 3/8″ UHMW.    Then I setup a guide on the table saw to cut all the corners off.

I made a template for the cleats out of plywood and aluminum diamond plate,  which I then used to cut the other area out with the router (flush bit).  This yields a nice cleat, with pre-marked holes (where I will countersink a screw to attach them to the treads).

This isn’t the fastest process, so it will be a few days before all the cleats are finished, and then a few days to attach them all.

Advertisements

1 Comment

  1. haha, maybe not the realism I’m going for.


Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s