I went to the steelyard looking for pulleys, and they happened to have some UHMW v-belt pulleys, when purchased by the lb, came out to be very cheap. I got 8 of them, all exactly the same size, for under $3. At that price I figure they are worth a shot. If they break, I can always replace them with metal pulley’s later.
I also decided to use the scooter’s wheels as the hub to hold the pulleys on the driveshafts. I just cut the tire off. May seem funny, but they are the perfect width, and obviously are made for those exact driveshafts.. I just had to drill some holes and bolt on my pulleys (note those are temporary bolts). I am thinking also, I could shave those ridges off the wheel, and then use some sort of band around it as the brakes.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.