Since the drivetrain is basically ready to finish, I decided I only wanted to run all the wires, and install the controls, etc, just one time (rather than installing everything, testing, and removing it all to fiberglass/paint the lower hull, then re-install all the wiring). So I separated the frame from the lower hull, and am now fiberglassing the lower hull.
I made the fenders, glued and fiberglassed them in place. I also added a piece to the rear to bring it up to the right height and shape.
I also added the internal supports for the front nose piece. There will be a cover piece that will fit onto these, in fact they will be used to shape that removable piece (think of it like a hood on a car). These pieces may not make a lot of sense just yet… the frame and front axle has to be able to be set down in, and the drive sprockets with their pulleys on need to be inserted from the sides, which is the reason for their odd shape.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.