Upper hull oooh so close

I finished the seal (of internal 1×2’s) that goes between the upper and lower hulls, so I can finally finish skinning the upper hull, and then fiberglass taping the seams… and then being able to move onto the turret.

First I made the top, large flat piece which holds the turret.  Then, here I was using cardboard to template the trickiest piece, which has like 5 different angles going on around it…

Then I cut these odd pieces, glued and screwed them into place.  There appears to be some weird gaps, but those areas will make more sense in a few steps later on down the road:

Next I need to make the rear engine hatch cover area, and then cut the hole for the turret ring.

Advertisements