Turret is green!

Well, after attempting to coat the turret in gel coat, having some issues with it not curing on top of epoxy, I ended up scraping off uncured gelcoat, and adding pure hardener to cure the rest. Then I gave the whole turret a good sanding and applied epoxy resin instead. I applied it thickened in a few areas, with a spreader, to fix some flaws from the gel coat, and then brushed a coating of straight resin everywhere. Then I sanded it all again to roughen it up, then sprayed 2 coats of paint.  Later I can install all the hatches, and call it about done (other than some turret ring stuff). There really is nothing better than laying final paint color.

Advertisements

Leave a comment

No comments yet.

Comments RSS TrackBack Identifier URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s